Care starts with coverage
At APLA Health, we are champions for your health and wellness. We want to provide the best service possible no matter your needs, and that includes helping you with your insurance plan.
During Open Enrollment season from October 15 – January 31, choose APLA Health as your provider through your employer healthcare program or Covered California. Our enrollment specialists can help you determine if we are in your insurance network.
We are your PrEP provider
APLA Health offers PrEP services, along with primary care, dental care, and mental health services along with HIV speciality care and PrEP and PEP counseling and management. For these services, here is a list of insurance plans we accept:
• Managed Care Medi-Cal: L.A. Care, Health Net, Molina, Blue Shield Prom ise, Anthem, plus Beacon and MHN for behavioral health
• Covered California: L.A. Care, Health Net, Molina, Blue Cross, Blue Shield
• Commercial HMOs: Blue Shield, Cigna, Health Net, Anthem Blue Cross, United Health Care, Aetna
• My Health LA (at Gleicher/Chen Health Center and Long Beach Health Center)
• PPOs: We are in-network for medical care with Health Net, Blue Shield, Anthem Blue Cross, Cigna, and United Health Care, and we accept most other PPOs (medical and behavioral health) as an out-of-network provider.
• Medicare Advantage & Cal Mediconnect: L.A. Care, Health Net, Molina, Blue Shield Promise, Brand New Day, United Health Care (AARP), SCAN, Humana Medicare
We also offer Dental Care covered under these plans:
• Managed Care Denti-Cal: Access Dental, Liberty Dental, and Health Net Dental
• My Health LA Dental (at Gleicher/Chen Health Center only)
• PPOs: We are in-network for Cigna Dental and Delta Dental, and we accept other PPOs as an out-of-network provider.
• We participate in the Ryan White dental program.
If an employee enrolls in an HMO or POS plan that requires a Primary Care Physician election, they will be prompted to enter the Provider ID for the doctor.
• Each person enrolled in an HMO or POS plan that requires a Primary Care Physician (PCP) designation can have a different PCP.
• If enrollees know the provider ID for their PCP, this can be entered in the Provider ID field.
• If they would like to look through a list of possible providers, there is a “look up a list of [doctors, dentists, etc.]” link that will bring up the carrier website.
What if I don't know my primary care physician's Provider ID?
If you don’t know your PCP’s provider ID, you can leave it blank and return to it before open enrollment is over. If you do not complete that field during open enrollment, you can change it later by logging into your profile on the insurance carrier’s website. Alternatively, you can APLA Health for assistance.
Shop and compare affordable, private health insurance plans through Covered California during Open Enrollment (October 15, 2019 – January 31, 2020).
Our enrollment specialists are ready to help you find a plan that’s best for you.
You may also qualify for full health coverage through California’s Medi-Cal program. If your income is less than 138% of the federal poverty level ($17,236 for an individual in 2019), you may be eligible and can enroll at any time during the year.
If you are living with HIV, you may be able to get help paying for your medications and health insurance premiums through the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) and the Office of AIDS Health Insurance Premium Payment (OA-HIPP) Program. To be eligible for ADAP and OA-HIPP, you must have a modified adjusted gross income that is less than 500% of the federal poverty level based on household size. Learn more about ADAP and OA-HIPP.
Keep in mind that some plans may be more affordable than others depending on your HIV status. Whenever possible, you should talk with a certified enrollment counselor who understands your individual health care needs before enrolling in a new insurance plan
No problem. Our enrollment specialists will help you find the right health plan. You will never be turned away or denied treatment at APLA Health based on your financial situation. Our fees are on a sliding scale basis depending on your ability to pay, and you can find more details on fees and discounts here.
Be Seen at APLA Health
The best way to determine the right plan for you is by meeting us at our clinics. Our care team includes doctors, nurse practitioners, RNs and support staff who are qualified in your care and experts on PrEP. Our clinics are stigma-free spaces built on trust, where you’re supported in all aspects of wellness.
Contact us to schedule an appointment. Even if we’re not your provider today, we can help you sign up with us or choose your own.
Get in Touch
Please contact one of our Enrollment Specialists for assistance:
If you are living with HIV, you can access benefits help at
The David Geffen Center in Mid-City
Help is available in English and Spanish.