IN THE LOOP
The news you need to know this week
Welcome to the latest edition of our update on the news you need to know and how it affects you and the communities we serve. Every couple of weeks we send out an e-mail featuring important updates, and you can sign up below! As always, thank you for your support of APLA Health, and please share this with others who may be interested.
Get Ready, Set... VOTE!
On November 6, vote like your life depends on it.
Don’t forget to check out APLA Health’s 2018 election voter guide.
There are only a few days left until the midterm elections, and we want to make sure you have all the information you need to vote. With recent attacks on healthcare, immigrants, and the transgender community, this election is one of the most important ever.
Election Day is Tuesday, November 6, and polling locations are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. It’s time to show up and be counted—get out and vote!
Checklist for the Midterm Elections:
- Check your voter registration status. Registered voters can check their voter registration status and preferences here.
- Find your polling place on Election Day. Registered voters can look up their polling place or vote center here.
- Early voting. Any registered voter can visit their county elections office in person to drop off their vote-by-mail ballot or request a vote-by-mail ballot on or before Election Day. You can find early voting or ballot drop-off locations here.
- APLA Health Voter Guide. Our voter guide provides an overview of the issues and races that will have the greatest impact on people living with HIV and the LGBTQ community. You can read the voter guide here.
- Official California Voter Guide. You can also research statewide propositions and candidates using the official California voter guide here.
- More questions? You can find additional information on the California Secretary of State website here.
Share Your Story
APLA Health provides services to more than 15,000 people, and we want to know their stories. Have you been receiving services from APLA Health? Are you a new patient or client? Have you or a loved one been affected by HIV? Has a staff member gone above and beyond what you were expecting? We want to know the full story. What are we are doing well? How we can serve you better?
Stay in the loop!
We will send you regular updates on issues and policies affecting the LGBT and/or HIV communities and urge you to call or e-mail your representatives about key political activity at the local, state, and federal levels.